I am just about to send your grades so far- please double check to see if your grades are all correct for the whole semester. With the 2 new homeworks #17 + 18 some of you have zero points, since
Please ignore my last post! I did it for the other class, here by mistake. So anyway, just a reminder to complete your 2 homeworks for tomorrow and I will see you next on Thursday for our presentations- starting at
Final Part of the Composite homework!
- Complete the tutorial using these files provided.
- Upload finished zipped/compressed unflattened PSD file (it will be a large file but you can always save a my version to 72dpi to save space if you like) to Dropbox.
- Due Dec 8th- 35 points
- Read Chapter 2 & 9 of your textbook.
- Watch Part 1 video below to learn more about subtle image collages.(Find your own photographs to do it, I am sure you have something similar or could take some pics) Upload your un-flattened version to Dropbox for 15 points
- Coming soon– Part 2 will be a more dramatic fantasy collage with lots of techniques and tricks- just for (Christmas) fun. It will also be your last homework too- woohoo!
- Both are due Dec 8th
This one does not have citations like it should. You can see these in person in the Library, Julia went on with this idea for her Senior Project. See below a few examples of student’s work for this project.
Brief: Create two posters that work in the style of your researched period of Design history, present the final posters, the history research (include citations in your presentation- info on this in the above document) and multiple drafts leading up to the finals with a 10 minute Powerpoint presentation on –
Dec 14th 11- 1pm (exam slot)
Some useful links below and at the course info tab above
- ARTstor: Link at Olin library
- Content DM : http://contentdm.rollins.edu/cdm4/browse.php
- British library: http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/ttp/ttpbooks.html
- New York public library: http://digitalgallery.nypl.org
- Watch the movie Helvetica below (For Netflix subs, you might be able to get a better quality version there- it used to be on it)
- Complete this response sheet and upload to Dropbox: Helvetica assignment
- Read Chapter 6 of your textbook and look over the 2 ppts about Typography: Part 1 Part 2 (I showed Part 2 in class-I hope to have enough time on Tuesday to go through Part 1.)
- Complete this short (open book) quiz and upload to Dropbox QuizonTypographych6
- Tuesday critique- We are having a Peer critique on your Zine so far on Tuesday- please be ready to show your files and ideas to the class for feedback- if possible- either print or put a pdf of your draft on dropbox so we can all see it.
- Create one poem from the project on page 108 of Chapter 6 – Typographical illustration of a poem. You can use any of the 3 Adobe software programs- just be creative! Due Thursday 9th 30 points.
These quick illustrator tutorials might help too.
UPLOADING and PRINTING I want 3 things from you for the Zine Assignment deadline: A packaged folder of your indesign file including all your links- zipped and put on dropbox A pdf at print quality of your zine. 1 print out