Welcome to your class website.
OUR FINAL HOMEWORK!!!! Part 2 of the Composite homework in Photoshop!
- Complete the tutorial using these files provided.
- I noticed a slight change in the new version of Photoshop, and the properties box for Select & Mask is no longer there. It is fine though, just work around it.
- Upload finished zipped/compressed unflattened PSD file (it will be a large file but you can always save a my version to 72dpi to save space if you like) to Dropbox.
- Due Dec 4th- 40 points
Click Read More >
I’ve bought three packs of Avery Business card stock so each of you can design and print your own business card and get a stash of 50! (Feel free to buy more or test a different brand!)
- Download either the Illustrator or Indesign template here: https://www.avery.com/templates/5871
- Create your own logo design in Illustrator, so you can practice those tools again, rewatch the Composite paths & Shape Builder tool video.
- You can work in Indesign template and bring the Illustrator file in as a linked file (more text options there). You can also use Photoshop as an additional tool, (but not instead of).
- Output the Avery template filled with your business card to the manual bypass feed tray- select this when you go to print too- and load your card in the HP printer. Also, think about printing the other side with a related design and feeding it back through. Due Nov 29th Online Thursday (give me a physical business card on Dec 4th or earlier)
Tip– you might want to use or revisit your initial letterform logo from HW 9
Some videos below for inspiration:
- Read Chapter 2 of your textbook on the History of Graphic Design (The final one I am assigning! Feel free to finish up with CH 11&12). Take bullet notes on at least 3 of the time periods of Graphic Design mentioned. Flesh out the notes a little more for the time period that you are most interested in. Upload to Dropbox 10 points
- Watch Part 1 video below to learn more about subtle image collages in Photoshop- this is just a little recap of working with PSDs, masks and layers (Find your own photographs to do it, I am sure you have something similar or could take some pics) Upload your un-flattened version to Dropbox for 15 points
Ideally you would do this homework before the deadline, so you can incorporate the techniques into the Zine.
- Watch this Photoshop vid below about Camera Raw video and complete your example in Photoshop- feel free to use my file or your own.
- Upload to Dropbox 10 points
- Optional Extra Credit: Watch my Copy and Paste video and complete your example in Photoshop- feel free to use my files or your own- upload to Dropbox 10 points
- Read Chapter 9+10 of the textbook- complete this multiple choice terminology quiz and upload to Dropbox 14 points
- Complete a tutorial of your choice for any of the 3 Adobe Software. There are so many online to choose from. This is actually part of your Zine assignment, so does not have extra points here, it is really just a reminder. Put the link to the tutorial in the comments below.
You will be printing drafts of your Zine for the critique on Tuesday.
Here are the instructions for the two different laser printers in the ART building.
Click Read More >
Due at the latest by Nov 8th
- Watch this PPT about the Theory of Semiotics.
- Create a GRID-based page layout in Indesign, that is a quick cheat-sheet guide to the Theory of Semiotics done in a creative visual way. (remind yourself how to use grids and guides in Indesign) See past student examples below. Upload a Packaged zip file to Dropbox – 40 points
- Review the 2 ppts about Typography: Part 1 Part 2 (I showed Part 2 in class. Run through Part 1 on your own.)
- Keep this as a handy reference https://www.adobe.com/studio/print/pdf/typographic_terms.pdf
- Watch the movie Helvetica below (For Netflix subs, you might be able to get a better quality version there)
- Complete this response sheet and upload to Dropbox by Nov 8th for 24 points: Helvetica assignment